Your generous gifts help
bring God’s Word to the world.
You want to make an eternal impact in the world, but knowing where to invest your resources can feel overwhelming. At The Video Bible, we feel the same way.
That’s why we’re so passionate about producing The Video Bible. Beyond helping those near us, The Video Bible will be a free tool for thousands of ministries who will literally take it to the world.
We’re starting with the book of James.
Producing a verse-by-verse, audio + visual version of the Book of James will take 1,450 donors, one for each verse, giving just $20 per month.
Will you sponsor a verse?
While we recommend sponsoring a verse, gifts of any size (monthly or one-time) are deeply valued and will be used to help others grow closer to God.
Our gift to you.
As a sign of gratitude for investing in the early stages of The Video Bible, those who sponsor a verse will get downloadable access to the art for the Book of James as it’s created.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are you starting with the book of James?
James is one of the most popular books because of its practical teaching.
How will you raise the money?
With just 1,450 donors giving $20/month, we can produce the Book of James in our first year. Since we believe God has ordained this mission, we are trusting for the provision to complete it in a year, but will continue working diligently until it’s completed.
Here are exciting things God has already done:
● We have hard-to-get traction with Bible publishers, including a licensing commitment from Biblica (the nonprofit Bible division of Zondervan) to use the NIV audio Bible, narrated by Max McLean.
● We have the commitment of highly talented artists devoted to the project.
● We recently received a Google grant of $12,000 per month in ad credits.
● And, we have a commitment from The Gospel Coalition to share an article about The Video Bible with their audience.
How will funding be used?
We know it’s hard to decide where to give, so we want to be upfront and transparent about how your one-time or monthly gifts will be used to bring the Book of James to life in one year.
Year One Operating Budget
● Storyboarding and editing: $ 13,750.00
● Marketing, ads, social content creation: $ 53,000.00
● Admin, receipting, fundraising: $ 36,000.00
● Donor software and management: $ 15,000.00
● Voice-over talent and music: $ 12,650.00
● Compensation and benefits for artists and administrators: $ 217,475.00
Benefits include FICA, Social Security tax, and medical insurance stipend.
How quickly will you be able to produce the entire Bible?
We will work through the Bible as quickly as possible, starting with the Book of James in one year, followed by the rest of the Gospels, then the remainder of the New Testament, and finally, the Old Testament. Our primary focus is on producing the books of the Bible that introduce Jesus to the world, which we believe we can accomplish in 3.5 years once fully funded.
How will you distribute the Bible and will there be a cost to it?
As The Video Bible is created, it will be available on YouTube and The Video Bible app. While an app may include advertising, it will be free for public consumption. As a monthly donor, you’ll receive early access and can help test user-friendliness.